Founded in 2015, the Irish Surgical Research Collaborative (ISRC) is an All-Ireland surgical trainee led research collaborative supported by RCSI. The fundamental aim of the ISRC is to promote, support and encourage surgical trainee-led collaborative research for the benefit of patients across all surgical specialties in Ireland and Internationally. The ISRC is currently comprised of 15 elected surgical trainee members, supported by an advisory panel of previous executive committee members and general membership is open to all medical students and surgical trainees.
Supported by the Irish Forum of Surgical Research (IFSR), RCSI and working with the newly established National Surgical Research Support Centre, the ISRC objectives are as follows:
- Widen access to research opportunities for all surgical trainees across the island of Ireland
- Deliver high quality collaborative research with real patient benefit
- Provide mentorship and infrastructural support to surgical trainees interested in designing and delivering clinical trials
- Provide educational resources and workshops discussing surgical research opportunities and study design
- Continued collaboration with national and international research collaboratives to increase Irish surgical trainee participation in national and international surgical research
- Work in collaboration with RCSI and represent surgical trainees interested in surgical research at the Irish Forum of Surgical Rese